Our doctoral fellows have access to the psychological counseling services ate Freie Universität Berlin. The psychological counseling service offers individual counseling, training courses, and workshops. The staff supports students, doctoral fellows and employees in their personal development and in improving study skills. Students and doctoral fellows come to the counseling service for help with a range of personal problems:
- Issues with motivation, orientation at the university, and making decisions
- Anxiety about tests and public speaking
- Writer’s block
- Learning problems and procrastination
- Stress, overloading, depression
- Requests for therapy and finding therapy arrangements
The Berlin Institute of Health has published guidelines for Early Career Researchers and for Supervisors that can help to raise the awarenes for mental health issues and contribute to a supportive culture in graduate programmes. See the links below to access the guidlines.