Lectures at the BGSMCS
"Olive Insurrections: Palestinian Survival in a Vanishing Landscape", Lecture has been canceled!, Lecture by Lila Sharif, November 2017.
"Surviving the Quest: Challenges Facing Academic Researchers in Northern Nigeria", Lecture by Dauda Abubakar, November 2017.
"'The Indian State is a Paper Tiger': For an Anthropology of the Bureaucratic State", Lecture by Nayanika Mathur, November 2017.
"Muslim Songs, Tipsy Sound: Ambiguous Synergy and Economy of Islamic Music in Southwestern Nigeria", Lecture by Stephen Ogundipe, October 2017.
"Unruly Art? Performances in the Public Square", Panel-Discussion by Aleksandra Lewicki, Mai 2017.
- "The construction of religious identity of the Khoja-s Ismāʻīlī of South Asia", Lecture by Dr Iqbal Surani, February 2017.
- Migration and Contemporary Muslim Space in Moscow. Contextualizing North Caucasian Loud Zikr and the Religious Practices of Central Asian Folk Mullahs”, Lecture by Dr. Dimitry Oparin, December 2016.
- "Speaking about the Qur'an and Violence in Contemporary Times", Lecture by Farid Esack, December 2016.
- "Bombay Cinema's Islamicate Fantasies: Orientalism and the B-Circuit 'Magic and Fighting' Film, 1900-1960", Lecture by Rosie Thomas, November 2016.
- "Intimacy and Interest in Indian Political Thought", Lecture by Faisal Devji, November 2016.
- "Islamic fashion and belonging in contemporary Turkey", Lecture by Dr Magda Craciun, May 2016.
- "Der philosophische Gottesbeweis zwischen Europa und der islamischen Welt", Lecture by Prof Ulrich Rudolph and Dr. Roman Seidel, April 2016.
- "Guidance and social critique in the British colonial period: Mombasa and coastal Muslims through the eyes of Sheikh al-Amin Mazrui", Lecture by Dr Kai Kresse, February 2016.
- "'Sheathing the Sword of Enmity': Ottoman Views of Peace and Peacemaking in the Eighteenth Century", Lecture by Dr Ethan Menchinger, June 201"Islam in Liberalism", Talk with Prof Joseph Massad and Prof Schirin Amir-Moazami, May 2015.
- "What is, and to what End shall we study the reception of Kantian Philosophy in Iran", Lecture by Dr Roman Seidel, May 2015.
- “The Bohra Dark Archive and the Language of Secrecy: Script and Paratext”, Guest lecture by Olly Akkerman, January 2015.
- "When Darkness arises: Thinking Urban Morality Through Night-Time in Contemporary Muslim West-Africa", Lecture by Dr André Chapatte, December 2014.
- "Islam and Muslims in Crimea: Current Challenges and Perspectives", Lecture by Dr Oleg Yarosh, November 2014.
- "Rethinking the Taqlīd-Ijtihād Binary and Juristic Verification: A Conceptual History Approach", Lecture by Prof Ahmed Fekry Ibrahim, July 2014.
- "Reflections on writing a Yemenis Woman's Biography", Lecture by Prof Ahmed Fekry Ibrahim, July 2014.
- "Law-Abiding Citizen: The Question of Identity in Fatwa Discourse of Muslim Minorities in the West", Lecture by Dr Said Hassan, June 2014.
- "At the Margins of Urban Pakistan: The Question of Afghan Refugees", Lecture by Dr Sanaa Alimia, May 2014.
- "Mediatisation of politics and the role of Muslims in the „Telangana Conflict“ in Andhra Pradesh/India", Lecture by Dr Lorenz Graitl, May 2014.
- “’French Muslims are Ordinary French People’: Embodying Difference in Modern France”, Lecture by Dr Naomi Davidson (EUME Fellow), April 2014.
- "New Islamic Actors in Sub-Saharan Africa: Teachers of the Gülen Movement tell their Stories", Lecture by Kristina Dohrn, August 2013.
- "Making Enlightened Muslims in the Era of Globalization: a comparative analysis of the intellectual production and media-based activism of Javed Ahmad Ghamidi and and Fethullah Gulen", Lecture by Dr Husnul Amin, July 2013.
- "Only a finished PhD is a good PhD: How I got my thesis written when I had to", Vortrag von Dr Linus Strothmann und Dr Torsten Wollina, June 2013.
- "Struggle against Secular Power: The Prospects of Radical Islamism in Kenya as Epitomized by Sheikh Aboud Rogo’s Sermons", Lecture by Dr Hassan Ndzovu, June 2013.
- "Secularism in Crisis? What Crisis?", Lecture by Prof Tariq Modood, December 2012.
- "The Here and the Hereafter in the Qur’an", Lecture by Prof Christian Lange, July 2012.
- "Islamism, the Genealogy of the Blasphemy Laws and the Praetorian State in Pakistan", Lecture by Prof Sadia Abbas, June 2012.
- "School Boundary Crossing in Sunni Islamic Law: The Practice of Talfīq and TatabbuÝ al-RukhaÒ in 17th and 18th-Century Egyptian Courts", Lecture by Dr Ahmed Fekry Ibrahim, May 2012.