Do I have to bring specific documents or personal records to Berlin?
Yes, these include:
- Passport or equivalent identity documents for yourself and any family members coming with you. Please note that these documents should be valid for your entire stay in Germany;
- Birth certificate(s) and certified translations in German or English for yourself and any family members coming with you;
- Marriage certificate, if applicable, and certified translations in German or English;
- Several (biometric) passport photos;
- Certified copies of your degree certificate (in German or English). For enrollment at the university you will need to present certified copies of your highschool graduation certificate and other university degree certificates, in German or English;
- Proof of admission/ acceptance by your department/ Letter of invitation from the university or institute. This may also be your supervisor’s letter of acceptance of your research project or the fellowship award letter;